Friday, October 29, 2021

Baby Doll Circle Time Leads to Many Kinds of Exploration

Dear Families,

It was a pleasure talking to you all about your beautiful children. Thank you for signing up for conferences.

Our dramatic play with baby dolls has continued to evolve this week. Everyone has had a hand at caring for a baby (or two or three). We have been giving the babies bottles, changing their clothes, rocking them to sleep and doing more check ups!  We were able to add some life-like baby dolls to our classroom which have been very appealing to all of our friends.

From now on, we will continue doing our special circle time with baby dolls.
 
Our song and movement with baby dolls:

Get Your Baby (tune of Oh My Darlin’ Clementine)

Get your baby, get your baby, get your baby, it’s time to play.
Get your baby, get your baby, get your baby, it’s time to play.
 
My baby’s  on my lap, my baby’s on my lap.
This is my baby, my baby’s on my lap.
 
My baby’s in my arms, my baby’s  in my arms.
This is my baby, my baby’s in my arms.
 
My baby’s sitting down, my baby’s  sitting down.
This is my baby, my baby’s sitting down.
 
My baby’s laying down, my baby’s laying down.
This is my baby, my baby’s laying down.
 
Where is my baby?
Peek a boo.
Bye bye baby.

It was a welcome relief to have cooler weather, and we relished our outdoor time. We spotted airplanes and dragonflies, took turns on the slide, and watched (even joined) some of the elaborate play of the older children. We looked for bugs, explored the yard, rode bikes, and built with blocks.

As our class grows, our friends are relating to each other and seeking each other out more and more. They inquire if someone is absent and remark if someone is sad. As their budding language and awareness of self and others develop we are noticing a growing sense of community togetherness.

No comments:

Post a Comment